Anyone experienced with Finnex Planted+ CRV?

BaRanchik

This is basically the only non-NICREW light that ships here that seems decent and of a known brand. I use a bunch of NICREWs on my other tanks, and they seem fine but I'm looking for something of possibly a higher quality, and I need it to be water resistant as it will be an open top tank.
I don't have experience with this brand though, and I am looking for a good light for a new build (15 gal, 23.19"x11.81").

Is this light worth its price? Are the "True 660nm LEDs" really making a difference? And if anyone specifically has the 24" version, will it fit my tank?

Thanks!

I have a couple of the finnex lights in my fish room, they seem fine. I don’t grow anything super high end so it would depend on what your growing. I do find the 660 really red and in theory it should be really good at growing plants (especially algae!) 

Thats a lot of light for 15g tank though? For sure it will grow plants and considering you can adjust the colors and settings you’ll have the ability to turn it down. 

Not sure I’m helping but it’s definitely an upgrade over the NICREW. I know it’s recommended to use a cover and not put it right over the water so I wouldn’t want to advise against that. But my other finnex lights are water resistant though. 

• Like 1

The finnex is, in my limited opinion, a pretty good light at a pretty good price. I have the 48" one which cost me about $110. It's quite powerful so be prepared to learn how to do the custom 24/7 settings so you can alter the intensity and photo period. It's not hard, it's just not intuitive. There are YouToob vids that cover it.

It's also not watertight. There is a plastic shield over the led's but If there's too much spray from surface agitation the light could get a little wet. You could suspend it above the tank with some screw eyes and slender cable and rig it to raise for maintenance and lower for the desired height, higher than the supplied legs to avoid spray.

That said, I have two air stones in my tank and haven't had any problems with the light getting too wet.

Edited by isaly
  • Like 1