Skiffia multipunctata

Sev

While I haven't kept the Skiffia, I do currently have Xenotoca Lyonsi Rio Tamazula and Xenotoca Doadrioi. 

I find the young females first few drops will be just a couple of fry. Then as she grows in size her drops will increase ~ 8-10.

When she reaches her full size that's about when they will stop breeding. However im not sure if it's the older males not allowing the younger males to breed or females just not willing.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 4:14 PM, Wingman12r said:

While I haven't kept the Skiffia, I do currently have Xenotoca Lyonsi Rio Tamazula and Xenotoca Doadrioi. 

I find the young females first few drops will be just a couple of fry. Then as she grows in size her drops will increase ~ 8-10.

When she reaches her full size that's about when they will stop breeding. However im not sure if it's the older males not allowing the younger males to breed or females just not willing.

Thank you for the information! I’m probably going to be getting some doadrioi soon. If you don’t mind, what do their setups look like?

@SevThe Doadrioi are super simple to keep. I keep them in a 20h, sponge filter, no heater and dwarf water lettuce. I find that they are not fry eaters, at feeding time the fry come out and eat with the adults. 

I don't really have any good pics so I took the top pic during the morning check up. About 2 weeks ago I dirted and planted their tank. In the second picture the left tank is the old set up.

PXL_20211230_113248042.jpg.1178544f7b74e55a257264eb1cf7068f.jpgPXL_20210418_233043973_MP.jpg.22e3d181c44e9a02cdaf9f38042b8a41.jpg