playing with my fishy friends

scott the fishman

HELLO FISH KEEPERS!   

Do you guys ever interact with your fish? I often stick my hand in my tank and let my fish swim through my fingers even let them nibble a little bit.yes i wash my hands every time. i think of it as gaining there trust. showing affection to them. if any of you fish keepers have any pics please share them.

IMG_20211209_104803.jpg

IMG_20211209_104803.jpg

IMG_20211209_104809.jpg

IMG_20211209_104853.jpg

IMG_20211209_104841.jpg

IMG_20211209_104701.jpg

IMG_20211209_104753.jpg

IMG_20211209_104650.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I have a tank with Platties and they swim around my fingers looking for food when feed. I even made a loop with my fingers and they would swim through. They are looking for food when you put your hands inside. Mine will swarm around my hands and siphon when I do water changes. I have a few generations of platties. They know what brings food.

Ivan

• Like 2

I still have only seven tetras in this 55 gal. tank but when I do maintenance like pulling algae off stem plants or stroking it off of the swords and val they aren't afraid to swim close. I think they know who's taking care of 'em.

If I make significant noise, heavy footfall, or sudden movement they boogie for cover, usually at the other end of the tank if I have my hand in.

• Like 1

I don't put my hands in (probably because I had large cichlids years ago, lol) because my tanks are small, but my bettas will come up any time I lightly tap the glass tops of their tanks. One will follow a bird feather I keep by the tank if I drag it across the glass. 🙂

Edited by Jawjagrrl
  • Like 1