Amano shrimp picking at corys

Helan

My amano shrimp would sometimes pick my corys body like it is eating something,the Cory is ok with it for a while but will suddenly after a while  dart off, all corys are healthy from what I can see, why is it doing this?, should I be worried?

On 12/7/2021 at 6:05 PM, Flumpweesel said:

That sounds super cool, might be a handy grooming thing for the cory like remoras and sharks but way cuter.

Hope so anyway. 

Ya , that was my first thought, but I am beginning to think it might be something else

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Helan.  Just wondering if you had any update on how your amano/cory interaction is going?  I recently had to separate a 2" amano female from a school of 1/2" kubotai rasboras because she was hunting and eating them.  Our other amano, a 1" male, seems to have taken up the chase, but he hasn't caught one yet.  Hoping to catch him before he does.  All this time I was worried about finding tank mates who wouldn't bother the shrimp.

• Haha 1

On 12/24/2021 at 2:50 PM, Greg said:

Hi @Helan.  Just wondering if you had any update on how your amano/cory interaction is going?  I recently had to separate a 2" amano female from a school of 1/2" kubotai rasboras because she was hunting and eating them.  Our other amano, a 1" male, seems to have taken up the chase, but he hasn't caught one yet.  Hoping to catch him before he does.  All this time I was worried about finding tank mates who wouldn't bother the shrimp.

Thanks for asking,things are much better now just a bit of food competition,I suspect it was just curiosity 

On 12/28/2021 at 9:46 AM, Greg said:

Thanks, @Helan.  Very good to know.  Still keeping an eye on my one male Amano and counting my smaller fish.  I haven't seen him chasing the rasboras lately, but he seemed pretty eager before.

My shrimps were like that too up until like 2 weeks of being in the tank,then they were much more well behaved 

• Like 1