Question about new Julii Corydoras

erik.hueno

Hi everyone. I’m new to this forum and somewhat new to caring for fish. I purchased 6 julii cory cats today. They’re in a 29 gallon aquarium with 3 guppies and a dwarf gourami. Aside from 20 minutes of them swimming around a little to get acquainted, they haven’t really moved at all. Is this something to be alarmed about? Is this normal since they’re brand new to the tank? Should I expect more action from them in the future? 

Thanks!

Erik

2 minutes ago, erik.hueno said:

Hi everyone. I’m new to this forum and somewhat new to caring for fish. I purchased 6 julii cory cats today. They’re in a 29 gallon aquarium with 3 guppies and a dwarf gourami. Aside from 20 minutes of them swimming around a little to get acquainted, they haven’t really moved at all. Is this something to be alarmed about? Is this normal since they’re brand new to the tank? Should I expect more action from them in the future? 

Thanks!

Erik

Is it daylight? My cories tend to be most active in the mornings and in the evenings. They chill out on and off throughout the day.

2 minutes ago, laritheloud said:

Is it daylight? My cories tend to be most active in the mornings and in the evenings. They chill out on and off throughout the day.

Yes, still daylight. It’s possible I’m just overanalyzing since they’ve only been in the tank for about 4 hours now and I was expecting them to be a bit more active. I’ll definitely keep an eye on their behavior as the time of day changes.

Thank you for your reply!