Belle's 20 Gallon High

Occupants- 12 ember tetras, 1 Rainbow Stiphodon Goby, 1 Honey Gourami, 4 Harlequin Rasbora (to be rehomed at next Music City Aquarium Society meeting), 3 nerite snails.

Tank Age 2 years

Lighting-  24 in Aquarium Coop light set to 30 percent PAR reading is 25 at bottom middle of the tank it runs from 10 a.m to 2 pm and from 6 pm to 10 pm

Tank substrate- Eco Complete capped with black Mexican beach pebbles with green Mexican beach stones and one lava stone

Filtration- 1 medium easy flow sponge filter, 1 small Coop sponge filter

Plants- Vallisnaria (about 8 shoots that produce runners well but start to melt once they get taller?)

Anubias Nana Petite (7 these grow well for me)

Java Fern (also known as the bain of my existence because I can not keep it alive and healthy)

Marimo Moss Balls- 9 half inches with pale spots not quite brown but not a healthy green either

Cryptocoryne Lucens- approximately 2 weeks in the tank (this one is new it came in growing sideways, and this has not been corrected yet)

Radican Marble Queen Sword- approximately 2 weeks in the tank (this came in partially melted with lots of yellow spots it has continued to melt and I have seen no new growth yet. It was given 3 root tabs when planted)

Water Sprite- approximately 2 weeks in the tank came in with brown spots and appears to be recovering

Red Melon Sword- approximately 2 weeks in the tank came in with pin holes and yellowing leaves. The affected leaves have started to melt but the healthy leaves  appear to be doing well it was given 3 root tabs at the time of planting)

Anubias Hastifolia- approximately 2 weeks in the tank came in with brown and yellowed edges but has a new leaf already

Anachris I have lost count it is fine.

I appear to be winning Battle with Duckweed, but I highly suspect it is just preparing for an ambush.

Hardscape- 2 large and 1 small piece of Mopani driftwood

Water Parameters

The temperature Heater is set to 76 thermometers is 75.2

PH- 7.6

KH 190 mg/l

GH - 250 mg/l

ammonia-0

Nitrite-0

Nitrate-5 (Note nitrates still swinging wildly last week they were at 50 ppm)

Phosphate- 5ppm

Dissolved oxygen 15 ppm

Routine

Easy Green on Sundays 2 pumps

Easy Potassium on Wed 2 pumps

Feeding- Hikari nano pellets once every 3 days (crushed for better distribution) and 2 Hikari bottom dweller tabs (the Goby rarely sees the first one.

Repashy on Saturday and a toothpick tip dipped in baster AE 

Water Testing on Sundays with water changes as needed.

Goals

Monitor new plants for signs of recovery

Purchase Potassium specific water test

Figure out why I can't keep Java Fern alive.

20241012_194124.jpg

20241022_114821.jpg

20241022_114825.jpg

20241022_114827.jpg

20241022_114817 - Copy.jpg

20241022_114801 - Copy.jpg

20241022_114808 - Copy.jpg

20241022_114813 - Copy.jpg

Edited by Thea_Belle
Formatting changed between writing and posting and added lighting info
  • Like 1
  • Love 3