Fancy Endler Project

GoofyGarra

Inspired by some of Cory's recent guppy content I decided to start working on some Fancy Endlers' that I have and wanted to share.  I am currently really loving this male and am hoping to make some more fish like him. I have males with reds, and I have males with yellows, but I love the combination on this fish, with the front yellow and reds on the tail.

IMG_1518.JPG.87a5d8e28a084de97bb9e236325b8fa8.JPG

I'm also working on getting some more color on my females, specifically on the top-view side where I have noticed some interesting coloration. I'm not so sure how well it comes out on camera but the female in the picture has a transparent blue/yellow tail, and a stripe on her back half that has some coloration as well, especially when viewed from the top which I like.

IMG_1519.JPG.1ae945be13a60623459bec9c999083a0.JPG

IMG_1520.JPG.38a770f4caf83afcbfa559d13628c7ff.JPG

Definitely more of a long term project but I'm hoping to keep it going for the next year or two and make some cooler fish.

Anybody else got any interesting livebearer projects going?

• Like 2

I have been working on breeding Heterandria Formosa/Least Killifish, which is to say, they are breeding themselves! 

Wild caught a couple, and also have a second gen group from a local fish breeder. My end goal is to have a "biotope" tank with them and Flagfish. I was wondering what kind of soda can or bottle to drop in to really make them feel at home 😁.

My first batch of babies seemed to include a lot of females, and now a lot of the little ones appear to be male. Not sure if that is due to temperature, time of the year, dropping barometer, or just fish being fish. 

IMG_7394.jpeg

Edited by Basrive
Fish pic!
  • Like 2