ParaCleanse and ExpelP routine

Louise02

I have two young mollies from Petco in a hospital tank.  How long should I wait between cleaning ParaCleanse out of the hospital tank and adding ExpelP to it?  I understand the parasite life cycle, but I don't know these meds.  Should I wait two full weeks between ending one regimen and beginning another?

I usually wait a week and than hit the QT with ExpelP at the end of the quartine....lately I've been doing this:

Week 1 - Aquarium Coop Trio - then do a 50% water change at end of week 1,

Week 2 - no meds, feed well

Week 3 - one round of ParaCleanse, then 50% water change at end of week 2

Week 4 - no meds, feed well at first...half way through week 4 do ExpelP for 1 day to rule out worms, 50% water change with gravel vac 24 hours after ExpelP

Move fish to display after week 4 is over (or wait longer if you don't have time)

This has worked well lately, and I am doing it now on Week 1 for some new panda garras.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone else use ExpleP for one day?  I have only used it once, so I am not very familiar with it. 

On 9/6/2024 at 7:01 AM, RichNJ said:

I usually wait a week and than hit the QT with ExpelP at the end of the quartine....lately I've been doing this:

Week 1 - Aquarium Coop Trio - then do a 50% water change at end of week 1,

Week 2 - no meds, feed well

Week 3 - one round of ParaCleanse, then 50% water change at end of week 2

Week 4 - no meds, feed well at first...half way through week 4 do ExpelP for 1 day to rule out worms, 50% water change with gravel vac 24 hours after ExpelP

Move fish to display after week 4 is over (or wait longer if you don't have time)

This has worked well lately, and I am doing it now on Week 1 for some new panda garras.

Thank you for taking the time to spell that all out!