Japanese Trapdoor snail not moving???

I got this Japanese Trapdoor snail yesterday, and it was moving around normally last night and this morning, but seems to not be moving at all. Just wondering if he’s just sleeping or if I should worry. My water parameters are good, I tested and it’s at the right temperature.

image.jpg

Edited by Josh Giro

On 7/12/2024 at 8:25 PM, Josh Giro said:

I got this Japanese Trapdoor snail yesterday, and it was moving around normally last night and this morning, but seems to not be moving at all. Just wondering if he’s just sleeping or if I should worry. My water parameters are good, I tested and it’s at the right temperature.

image.jpg

Snails do sleep!  It could be just having a rest. I’d give it some time. If it doesn’t move in a day, take it out and sniff it. If it smells the same as the aquarium, return it to the tank. If it stinks, it has passed.

What parameters did you test? Ammonia is most toxic, and nitrite is the next toxic one. Both should be zero.

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea

Ammonia and nitrite were at 0 and nitrate was pretty low, but it actually started moving again thankfully! It must’ve just been resting. I wanted to just make sure because it’s my first Japanese Trapdoor and I’m only used to having Ramshorns. Thanks for the help anyways 🙂

• Love 1