3 1/2 tanks journal

On 3/23/2024 at 12:28 PM, Ladette said:

Your tanks are amazing! Definitely goals! Thanks for sharing them!

Thank you so much! I feel fortunate to be in a place in my life where I have the space and time to keep a few aquariums going!

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not too much to share. In the 10 gallon, a few emerald dwarf rasbora babies here and there but nothing I can see surviving. 

In the 20 gal, the 3 platy and 2 corydoras kids are all still doing well and growing. Is it possible to overfeed babies? Sometimes the platy baby bellies look like they are going to explode! They are swimming at lower depths of the tank now, foraging for food. I'm also surprised how brave they are. I saw one win a fight with an ember tetra twice his size for some flake! And sometimes the gouramis will chase them from food and they just come right back for more!

PXL_20240406_170616672_MP.jpg.6861b8751c1264e1a541fce22ce0bf0f.jpg

In the 29 gal, just some weird stuff going on with my adult platies which I've been posting about in diseases. Also someone dropped some babies this week which Chubs promptly ate. I've still got one more treatment of praziquantal next week. The treatment must have helped with something going on, as I'm not noticing any flashing now at least. But I'm still seeing some weird behaviors, with some fish hanging around the surface.

Finally, a good pic of my daughter's mystery snail Anna showing her teeth! She is huge now, about the size of a ping pong ball. Thanks for reading!

PXL_20240406_165157314_MP.jpg.e454f21780eee31183648797f404918e.jpg