What tools do you use for your tanks that you never thought you'd need?

Shadow

On 1/7/2024 at 6:10 AM, reefhugger said:

Garbage can on wheels!  wonderful for syphoning water into while cleaning tanks.  Goes right  out to the garden for watering plants.  Quilt stuffing from Walmart etc for hob filter material.  And me too with the turkey baster.

I started doing this with a 30gallon garbage can, no more lifting 5 gallon buckets, it’s been great. 

On 1/6/2024 at 2:33 PM, Shadow said:

After getting back into the hobby almost a year and a half ago, I have realized there are some tools I never thought I would ever use for a tank or really need in the house at all but low & behold, here they are...what are some of the tools you were surprised were suggested to you that you never thought you'd need and now cannot do without?

I'll start....a turkey baster. 😂

I use a child's medicine syringe to pull water from my tank to test it in the test kit tubes. Its much easier to get the right amount in the tube than dunking them. I also use it to spot treat BBA when it gets out of hand.

• Like 1

Forgot one big one! CHIP CLIPS for bags of chips lol! I use them to hold smaller hoses when filling my smaller tanks with my mini sump. Also has many other uses in my fish room. 

• Like 1