AZGardens for aquarium plants

Scaperoot

The last time I heard about them, there was absolutely nothing good coming from anyone. VERY late ship-outs, bad quality, wrong items constantly sent, etc - no one said anything positive. This was back in 2018-ish, so COVID was no excuse. I don't know if they have cleaned up since then.

BUT, I do know they order from the same exact wholesale facility as every other fish store in the country - Segrest Farms. (I somehow received an incorrect airway bill number from someone, and the airway bill was from Segrest Farms to AZ Gardens.) And Florida fish farms all tend to grow their plants above the water, so the plants can have a hard time adjusting to being submersed.

Edited by LTygress

On 12/12/2023 at 12:34 PM, LTygress said:

The last time I heard about them, there was absolutely nothing good coming from anyone. VERY late ship-outs, bad quality, wrong items constantly sent, etc - no one said anything positive. This was back in 2018-ish, so COVID was no excuse. I don't know if they have cleaned up since then.

BUT, I do know they order from the same exact wholesale facility as every other fish store in the country - Segrest Farms. (I somehow received an incorrect airway bill number from someone, and the airway bill was from Segrest Farms to AZ Gardens.) And Florida fish farms all tend to grow their plants above the water, so the plants can have a hard time adjusting to being submersed.

Oh wow, good to know. That's unfortunate. Not worth the risk and likely disappointment it seems. Thank you

buceplant.com is a good one. 

Or if you send me a list of the ones you're looking for, I can check all of my own suppliers and see who has them (I don't use Segrest). You may still have to deal with submersed acclimation though, because that's just how the plant farmers work.