Monte Carlo not growing

Good Morning everyone. I am hoping someone can help me. I planted my Monte Carlo's about 2 1/2 weeks ago. My tank has been cycled and up and running with other plants and fish/shrimp for last year plus. I planted them in fluval plant and shrimp stratum over top a layer of gravel. I've tried to get a carpet going in my tank a few times in past and was really hoping this would be the time. I dose the tank with aquarium coop's root tabs and easy green, and I have CO2 pumped in the tank as well. For lighting I have fluval fresh & plant 800mm set to Pascoes's day program.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

IMG_2790.jpg

IMG_2792.jpg

IMG_2794.jpg

IMG_2791.jpg

IMG_2793.jpg

IMG_2795.jpg

So it appears you have all of the necessary ingredients for success, my best advice would be time and dialing things in. What I mean by this is your plants don’t seem unhappy, they just appear to not be growing as quickly as you would like which is frustrating but reframed it’s an awesome opportunity to witness and enjoy every small win. Give them some time. The second part of this speaks to the instant gratification in me personally. I would test my dosages of the ferts and potentially increase if it were feasible, I would try out other lighting presets people have suggested (although his is good) just to see how things react to different variables, and also wouldn’t hurt to test the growth at different levels of the tank by means of elevation. The end goal is a carpet but I would want to make sure the light was efficiently reaching the plants im cultivating. CO2 levels can be played with as well. It’s the smallest details that can yield the largest results sometimes. True story, I had some crypts that just refused to grow, I tried everything for weeks if not longer…. Except for cleaning the glass lid which turned out to be the solution smh. Give them a little time and keep doing what your doing is what I would do, it’s always worth it in the end. 

• Like 1