Feeding Bacter AE

Monkeypoint

So, I just watched a Mark's Fish Tanks YouTube video where he mixes Bacter AE and Montmorillonite clay with RO water and squirts it in his shrimp tanks. Has anyone tried this? And once mixed, how long will it keep? I'm wondering how much to make at a time, how long it'll keep, and/or how to store it once mixed (I'm assuming cool, dark place). I have several berried shrimp and woke up today to find the first baby! So excited!

I have been having molting issues in my shrimp tanks from time to time over the years.

After watching his video I got me Montmorillonite clay. I  have never seen molting problems again. It works wonders for me.

Maybe because my water softener empties my water a lot, so no matter how much I use gh+ and trace elements, maybe there was something they were lacking in the water column.

I dont have Bacter AE but I have a local brand that has a product for similar purposes. I use it like twice a week. Shrimp like to pick on stuff arpund the tank constantly and baby shrimp do need to graze nonstop. Can be nice if you are willing to spend some money. 

I find Mark very sincere. So I take his suggestions seriously. Especially after he saved me from my years long molting problem directly with making me meet montmorillonite clay. I now use it every tank of mine after water changes, even in those where I don't have shrimp, crayfish or crabs 😄 

On 6/30/2023 at 2:25 PM, Lennie said:

montmorillonite clay. I now use it every tank of mine after water changes, even in those where I don't have shrimp, crayfish or crabs

Cool, and I agree - Mark is awesome.

I saw 2 babies this morning!!!!! They were both grazing away on Java moss.

• Love 1

On 7/1/2023 at 5:10 PM, Monkeypoint said:

Cool, and I agree - Mark is awesome.

I saw 2 babies this morning!!!!! They were both grazing away on Java moss.

Very sweet.

Btw I used mont. clay on my crab tanks too and haven't seen any molting issues an they molt well. Same with dwarf crayfish.

However crabs are fairly new so hard to comment on that one yet