Hi from the UK !

Gartcreature

Hello there, completely new to the hobby, and after watching many of the aquarium co-op vids I thought here would be a good place to chat (and ask probably obvious questions!).

After being fascinated with aquariums since childhood, I've decided to stop just considering it every 6 months (only to give up on it), and instead finally take the plunge. No tank or anything yet, since I want to be 100% sure of what I'm doing before I start !! 

Definitely looking into a larger planted community tank, which is obviously something I'm gonna slowly work up to stocking fully. 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2023 at 2:11 AM, Schuyler said:

You're in probably the most exciting and overwhelming part of the hobby. Don't worry about asking obvious questions.

Cheers, that's really good to know.

On 2/27/2023 at 1:16 AM, Theplatymaster said:

we can definitely help you with your dream, what fish do you have in mind?

Thanks, currently I'm thinking of getting a tank around 125L and starting with something small, hardy and shoaling, like Zebra Danios or some kind of Tetra. Then I'd love to get some Corydoras (albino or bronze or something like that) cause I think they're brilliant. I'm thinking shrimp somewhere in there would be great, but I'm still looking into their suitability with the first two (Maybe Amanos? Not too fussed about eggs/shrimplets getting eaten but not sure about adults, also not sure if they'd fit the same params as the other two).

On 2/27/2023 at 2:13 PM, Theplatymaster said:

i recommend platies,

I haven't actually considered platies !! Looking into them they seem pretty neat so I'll have to look into em more. 

On 2/27/2023 at 2:13 PM, Theplatymaster said:

Amanos are a good shrimp for beginners and are rather adaptable.

Ah good, that's reassuring