Eggs laid on leaves

Cinnebuns

I noticed a trend and I'm curious what the possible reason is. Now, this is entirely anecdotal and based on the species I have kept alone so I realize this isn't very scientific at all. 

Every species I have kept that lays eggs on leaves of plants, mostly snails and cories tbh, favors laying them on the under side of the leaves. This makes sense as they want to hide the eggs from predators. 

This i what I realized today:

I have 1 fake plant in 1 tank. I was cleaning eggs off of it and realized that the eggs are about 50/50 on each side of the leaves. I'm curious as to why. If it was for hiding, you would expect the same results. I'm now starting to wonder if there is maybe something unique to the underside of leaves they are preferring. Maybe closer to the veins does something? I'm not sure. 

Mostly just random thoughts. I'm curious what you think!

what species?

My corydoras have laid eggs on plants 2/40 times theyve spawned (i dont count these things), both times it just looked like they missed the wall, but mine have layed on the top side of leaves before. laying on the bottom side of leaves is often a behaviour attributed to Harlquin Rasbora breeding.

kind of like this picture, Harlquin Rasboras like to lay eggs on overhangs:

image.png.996673c2e0a4d0ba4b2dfce9a3ce3256.png

(my cories are albino aeneus just and FYI)

• Like 1