Panda Garra Not Eating

Theplatymaster

So a week ago i purchased a new panda garra. I didnt think id have problems because according to the internet "are omnivores and they're generally opportunistic" However so far the only thing ive seen the garra eat is FD tubifex worms and Live BBS. I dont see any conditions that are off. and the panda garra (Dubbed Garra Guy) is behaving totally normally except for the fact that its not eating. Any advice?

Can you post a pic? 

I think the most likely explanation is that garra guy is getting plenty of food, just when you're not watching. Especially if he's only been in your care for a week (still new and shy). If his body condition looks good, I wouldn't worry about. Hence the pic request. 

• Like 1

sometimes new fish take awhile to acclimate to the new food.  I just purchased some panda garra myself they arrived today and after letting them settle in for most of the afternoon I dropped an Xtreme bottom wafer in the tank to see if they would eat.  It took only a few minutes for all 3 to find the wafer and start swarming it and tussling over it.  But strangely enough after just a few minutes they were back to surfing in the airstream from the airstone nearby and ignoring the wafer. The rest went to the snails.   I've heard tubifex and bbs is what they use to breed them so that may be what they are used to being fed as well.  Could take some time to get used to the new foods. 

Edit: I just looked in the tank not long after the lights went out in the tank and they are back to nibbling at the wafer or what they can get to between all the snails.  Seems they just needed some time to settle or maybe for the wafer to soften. 

Edited by TheChosenOne
update on situation