Aponogeton Ulvaceus

Evan

I got a couple Aponogeton Ulvaceus about 2 weeks ago. They have been shooting up long stalks to the surface but none of them have opened into flowers yet.

Should I be cutting the stalks to try to get more growth in the leaves or should I just let them be?

Thanks!

Edited by Evan

On 11/11/2022 at 4:06 AM, Evan said:

I got a couple Aponogeton Ulvaceus about 2 weeks ago. They have been shooting up long stalks to the surface but none of them have opened into flowers yet.

Should I be cutting the stalks to try to get more growth in the leaves or should I just let them be?

Thanks!

I'd let them be, seeing as they only arrived a fortnight ago

I bought that same plant last year... it grew like gangbusters... grew a 6 foot long flower stock that I eventually cut off. Then the entire plant died off. No clue if it was the flower... or if the plant just goes through cycles almost like a perennial or what.... but a couple months ago it started growing back. If it flowers again I shall cut the flower off as soon as I notice it and see if it makes a difference. Maybe it won't flower and the plant won't die off like last time... We'll have to wait and see! 😃

• Thanks 1