My German Blue Rams have bad manners, they spit!

Tedrock

Howdy Nerms,

I recently added 10 juvenile Blue Rams to grow out.  I have never had them before and I was trying to vary their diet.  They love the blood worms and fresh baby brine but The dry food appears to sit there.  Krill flakes were a dud so I tried nano fish food.  They would eat it, chew it, and it looked like they would spit it out.  Now I imagine that they are getting some of that food but just wondering am I really off course here.  Your guidiance is appreciated.  I also added some dither guppy fry to make them not so nervous and help them come out more.

Many thanks, Tedrock 

• Like 1

This usually happens with fish that are "spoiled" with good food. It usually takes some time to get them used to other foods. The dither guppies should really help. If they see the other fish eating it, they'll probably eventually start eating it. Also, try to stop feeding them for a day or two and then feed the pellets or flakes.

• Thanks 1

Good news the guppies are showing the way to the rams.  The rams are much more social thanks to the coop for the education about dither fish.  They also be loving the brine shrimp but the nano pellets are being eaten as well.  I am waiting on my coop order for the vibra bites so I can crush them up into tiny pieces.  That is my next play.