DebD

As some of you may know my tank was besieged with huge ammonia spike issues after a child dumped a lot of dead baby brine shrimp into my tank. This was followed by an outbreak of ich that hit 3/7 bristlenose and 2 ember tetras. I know y'all heard this before but at the time and because of availability I chose this treatment. https://plecoplanet.com/health/ick-parasite-treatment-for-plecos/ using salt and Ridich plus.

Addressing the illness came first and I have been dosing Prime daily for the ammonia issue. Today is  day 10 of treatment. I began 20% wc every other day 3 days ago while continuing Ridich plus. I had seen progress/elimination of spots on the embers and at least 1 or 2 of the plecos a few days ago.  Today I found this, which makes me wonder if there is now secondary issues going on. 

Ammonia is still not under control. It appears my system may have crashed as well. 

KH/Gh ' 3-4

Ph 6.2

Ammo 4

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 0-5

What next ? There is still medication & a concentration of salt in the tank although I've done 2 20% wc including and Ammonia still isn't budging. I had also lowered temp from 83 to 81 the last 24 hrs 

What now ? Change treatment and how w salt and meds in tank etc? Help please. 

Edit. Just found a 2nd one starting to decompose behind/under sponge filter. A 3rd longfin is looking weak. Quarantine tank is full atm waiting all this out the last 2 wks. But at this point....I'm at a loss. 

20210408_092231.jpg

20210408_092202.jpg

Edited by DebD
Afterthought

51 minutes ago, Colu said:

I would do 50% daily water change to help lower your ammonia

With the salt/meds in tank it wouldn't shock both the system and the fish to do that.? 

Check out my initial post about the ammonia I had started with that initially. 

Edited by DebD

With the high levels of  ammonia you have that is probably what's killing your fish I would stop treating with salt and just continue with the ich meds and do 50% daily water changes to dilute the levels of ammonia bristlenose in the pic  looks like it has ammonia burn 

Edited by Colu

1 hour ago, Colu said:

With the high levels of  ammonia you have that is probably what's killing your fish I would stop treating with salt and just continue with the ich meds and do 50% daily water changes to dilute the levels of ammonia bristlenose in the pic  looks like it has ammonia burn 

50% done.  Its looking like fin rot on the other now.  I don't think Ridich plus does anything for that. I could stop these meds put charcoal and purigen to clear it out and try another approach. This is the only one struggling. 

Edited by DebD

12 minutes ago, DebD said:

50% done.  Its looking like fin rot on the other now.  I don't think Ridich plus does anything for that. I could stop these meds put charcoal and purigen to clear it out and try another approach. This is the only one struggling. 

If you have cured the ich I would do that 

Edited by Colu

No ich just fin rot. I am clearing meds w purigen and charcoal atm. This is what I have on hand.  Need recommendations please. 

7 minutes ago, Colu said:

If you have cured the ich I would that 

20210408_160022.jpg

Waiting a couple hrs to let charcoal and purigen clear tank out bit of the ich meds before I start w/ Furan. Orginally I was trying not to keep messing with water changed only 25% every other day w meds, as suggested in previous post and hope bio would even it out but w/  deaths  no luck on dealing w ammonia and its not better. I was afraid of this snowballing.