Trying to save my betta BLAZE

Marcob

Hello everyone, 

So i had a 75 gallon established tank that i needed to fill with fish and i made rookie mistake and went out and bought all the fish I thought i liked for the aquarium, and of course one of them brought some kind of disease into the tank and they were all wiped out i had about 20 neon tetras, 6 white fin barbs, 6 cherry barbs, a corydora, and 6 long fin rosy barbs who were the lone survivors. I tried following the directions on api’s super ich cure and nothing helped, anyways i have this betta that i took out of the tank because he was being bullied before i saw any of the disease in the other fish and now my betta is not looking good at all he has a full blown case of ich and what looks like some fin rot. Im trying everything i can to save him because hes the fish that got me started in the hobby and the most personable does anyone have any last ditch efforts on what i can do to try and give him the best chance of survival?

533D71D3-06FB-4B14-A261-CF4172B413FD.jpeg

A20AA316-A475-429E-9EFE-9E839E31E7E4.jpeg

• Sad 1

I'm so sorry, your fish looks so very miserable. I have battled Ich twice but not with a betta, not uncommon for fin rot to follow Ich/Ich treatments. Are you still treating with Super Ick?

This is what I had to do: I used Super Ick myself, I asked them (api) if during treatment I could do a daily water change (as I was having issues with ammonia during treatment because I also used heat- raised the tank up to 85 degrees, which speeds up the life cycle of Ich making the treatment faster however it also speeds up decay and causes ammonia, at least in my tank)- they said yes-- so I changed water- then I'd redose. IF you are still treating him, keep going but I'd say do water changes. Clean water is very important to help with healing and for the fin rot. Hopefully once you clear up the Ich you can keep making sure his water is pristine and the flow in the tank isn't too much for him. Though you'll probably want to run a bubbler during Ich treatment. You may need to look into treating him with something like Maracyn (do the research!!) as he's likely gotten the fin rot as a secondary infection because of Ich if it wasn't just being bullied prior to being pulled from the 75 gallon. 

Definitely check out Aquarium Co-Op's video with Irene on fin rot it's a good one

I really hope you can help your Betta friend pull through, and I hope others have some good suggestions to share. 

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX
1 more thing.
  • Like 1

Thank you for replying first off, but im still currently treating with the super ich and i think i might start doing daily water changes like you said in hopes to bring him back. Im hoping for the best thanks again appreciate your help!

• Like 1