75 gallon to experiment with

I’ve started setting up my new 75 gallon. I’m happy to have enough room to experiment with lots of different plants and livestock. I’m on a budget so to save a little cash I made my own stand and foraged the wood and stones for the hardscape. 

What do think of the progress so far? How’s the scape look? I’ll be going to Aquarium Coop for plants tomorrow. F12AF53A-3F89-4FC0-946D-CD7A5E05B2E8.jpeg.1aafd1420d422fd5df8f3afd2cfabe57.jpeg

Aqueon 75g 

Aquaclear 70 (will add another filter, but not sure what type at this point)

Fluval Stratum mixed with sand and gravel

Pool filter sand to cap the Stratum

DIY stand 36” high

Nicrew 48” programmable led (I’ll  switch to something else if needed in the future) 

4AA56087-9387-4C0B-9E81-2E50154EF935.jpeg

A443BE5F-845D-4A00-977B-2E5F165057AF.jpeg

9699A13E-B8B8-4B02-96A5-35A527BBB63B.jpeg

173FE4CB-C2EA-4C2C-BAF8-F04BCBE8E34B.jpeg

9CEAE5BE-B53D-481B-9C8C-71770B58C5B9.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Betsy said:

That looks really great!!!!  I love the stand and the hardscape especially!  What plants are you thinking about getting?

Here’s the list so far, I’m lucky to haveAquarium Coop and and ADA aquascaping store in my general area. I’m pretty sure I can get all of these. 

Limnophilia

Ludwigia repens 

Bolbitis mini

Ludwigia sp red

Crypt pink flamingo ($24 ouch!)

echinordorus rubin

Tiger lotus

pearl weed 

Anubias 

Java Fern

Hygrophilia pinnatifida 

Bolbitis mini is the cutest!!!  And, java fern is such a solid choice!!

I can't wait to see what the crypt pink flamingo looks like...this is exciting stuff!!  I feel like you've got a great variety of color!

Please keep us updated!  I can't wait to see what it looks like with the added plants! 😆👍👍

2 minutes ago, Betsy said:

Bolbitis mini is the cutest!!!  And, java fern is such a solid choice!!

I can't wait to see what the crypt pink flamingo looks like...this is exciting stuff!!  I feel like you've got a great variety of color!

Please keep us updated!  I can't wait to see what it looks like with the added plants! 😆👍👍

Thanks! I hope I can find some mini Bolbitis, but the Hygrophilia Pinnatifida is similar looking so either will work. I’m also really hoping to have some nice pops of red here and there. 

• Like 1