So Excited About this Little Shrimp Tank

Happy Tuesday Everyone! I just finished planting my new 5g shrimp/snail tank and am so excited I had to share. Mostly coop plants -- java fern, various anubias. Also my first Buce, Christmas moss and susswassertang. 

Side note: the plants arrived four days late -- not coop's fault -- and still look beautiful. Thank you coop! 

Side note 2: I managed to kill some susswassertang in the process. 🙄 Cory once said he's never seen that happen. Let's hope the rest do well! 

Think the shrimp will be happy? 

PXL_20210406_172428947.MP.jpg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, H.K.Luterman said:

Looks great! I've always wanted to try growing susswassertang. Maybe I'll finally try some when I set up my new tank in a few weeks/months/soonish.

You should! And then report back about how you like it. I just plopped mine in the tank and kind of wedged it up against driftwood and rocks rather than attaching it to anything. I like how unruly it looks. It's a really unique little plant. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JamesB said:

I love the scape! 

What kind of shrimp are you looking to get? Cherry shrimp?

I was thinking blue velvet Neocaridina davidi so basically, yes. Aquahuna has them in groups of eight. I thought that would be a good start. What do you think? Looking for something on the hardy side because this is my first shrimp tank. 

2 hours ago, Jennifer V said:

I was thinking blue velvet Neocaridina davidi so basically, yes. Aquahuna has them in groups of eight. I thought that would be a good start. What do you think? Looking for something on the hardy side because this is my first shrimp tank. 

What a lovely setup you have! Eight sounds perfect as a starter size. If they are happy, Neocaridina breed easily. So you probably won't even need to buy more to get a self-sustaining colony. 

• Thanks 1