Medaka embryos

CT_

I'm still having a hard time getting them to lay in the mop(I've given up) and I don't yet see anything in my water lettuce but I found a group of 5-6 eggs in my mop today (was just checking it over before I threw it in the garbage)  and I found that 2 of them were fertile and the others were gross looking.  I separated out the two good ones in a petri dish and moved them to my empty fry tub that I hide under my desk.  If these two guys make it they'll be the most watched and pampered rice fish fry ever since they'll be my first babies.

Anyway, I thought I'd share a photo of the eggs, with some thread stuck to them from the mop.  It's hard to see from this angle, but face on you can both eye spots really well.  From a random paper with photos I found I'm guessing these guys are about half way done before hatching. 

image.png.e9ff89d1374dc6a6e6e17370ee580262.png

• Like 5

I struggled with the mops as well.  I went to Java moss only.  I used to try and separate the eggs from the moss too much work and failure.  Now I place all the small patch of moss in a shrimp tank once a week and let them hatch out.  Then I feed them at the top with fry foods.  Good luck it has been a journey for me as well.