CARE Forum Anniversary

Streetwise

On 6/12/2021 at 1:38 PM, Hobbit said:

That sounds great @Betsy! Do you know how you’ll be organizing the voting? James and FlyingFishKeeper are having people vote with their reactions, for example.

That's a great question...to be honest, I'm not really sure.

I was considering gathering nominations using a Google form and then using a platform called Padlet to get votes after nominations are closed...but I'm sure it would be preferable to keep everything based on the forum itself.

I could always gather nominations via one thread and then grab the final vote (via likes) on a separate thread and then post the final on a third thread?  But that seems like a lot...I guess it could all fit on one thread?

I am very open to suggestions!!

On 6/11/2021 at 12:46 AM, Hobbit said:

A thank-you video thread by @Aubrey

I plan on posting a thread with a few guidelines or suggestions for videos this weekend or next, so that there is plenty of time for people to film and edit. I'm not even sure how I'm going to do mine yet. Then people can post their videos on that thread all week of the anniversary.

Aside from tagging our threads with NERM week & NERM week 2021, will they be pinned, gathered together, or highlighted so that everyone will see them? Will they all be posted in General Discussion or another topic? Or is it up to us to determine where to post them?

And as for the taco eating contest, @TheDukeAnumber1I'm sure whatever you come up with will be great. Just tell me if you need me to do anything.

• Like 1

@James Black @Aubrey yes! I will be making a heads-up post as soon as I have everyone’s details, and I can add links to that post as people have them ready.

I’ll also do a big post at the beginning of NERM week that I’ll add links to as well. The idea will be to have links to all the events in that post.

Whether anything gets pinned is up to the mods. But I plan on commenting with reminders about what’s happening each day so even if it’s not pinned, it should stay visible. 😇

@Betsy in terms of how to collect votes, I’m really not sure either! There’s a benefit to keeping everything on the forum, but the other sites are definitely more suited to your needs. Votes can also be anonymous on a polling platform whereas here they wouldn’t be. The photo contests work well here on the forum because people comment with their submission and then any votes they get go toward their reaction count. But that’s not a factor for you. I say go with whatever will be easiest for you.

As for where to post, how’s this for a plan:

• I post the schedule threads in General Discussion
  • Event organizers post wherever their event fits best

That way, we’ll have events all over the forum and it will feel like a party! And we won’t be totally taking over any one space, so any newbies that wander in can still get their posts seen.

• Like 2

I think me and @FlyingFishKeeper were thinking of making one big post for all the tanks/ fish photo comps with all the links to each photo competition. @Hobbit you could link that big photo comp post into your big NERM week post. That way you dont have to link and find each different competition.

i also was thinking of making a "nerm day lfs visit" thread where we can post pictutres of what we got at the lfs on nerm day.

• Like 2

@Daniel are you still working on the forum highlights thread? And @Streetwiseare you still planning to put together the yearbook photo?

Unless we hear from @Cory, I’m going to assume no forum live stream. I’m not sure how the logistics of that would work anyway, and Cory has enough on his plate. 🙂 

Other than that, we need a volunteer to start the Wear Your ACO merch to your LFS thread, and that’s the whole list!

• Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 11:46 PM, Hobbit said:

@Anita, @CorydorasEthan, and @KaitieG are organizing forum member-authored articles

• more info on that here

Wow, this schedule looks great! Thank you @Hobbit for putting everything together. 😎 

Stay tuned. We will be posting the official Forum Member Article (FMA) thread very soon... 

Edited by Anita
  • Like 2

On 6/10/2021 at 11:46 PM, Hobbit said:

NERM week is coming up in just one month! It’s time to start getting things organized.

The first step is for everyone to confirm that they’re still interested in leading/organizing the events we discussed before. So leave a comment and let me know! If you don’t reply with a comment letting me know you’re still up for leading your event, I’ll assume the event isn’t happening.

The second step will be to create a schedule. Please let me know in your comment how many days and posts your event will take. For example, my event will happen in two stages, but on just one post. I’ll post the recipe for “fish tacos” at least a week ahead of NERM week to give people time to gather ingredients, and then at the beginning of NERM week, I’ll comment and invite/remind people to post pictures of their tacos as well as videos of their fish enjoying them. People can reply with their pictures any time during the week.

Attention NERMs! We are now accepting Forum Member Articles:

• Like 3

Special Bonus.

Have a few stray escapees wandering around your house? Or worse, wild flies buzzing about that could contaminate your flightless stock? Build fruit fly trap in 10 minutes that will corral those pesky mavericks!

fly-trap.jpg.b1b05a2061abfa684cfdc6525fb7c495.jpg

Edited by Anita
  • Like 4