Want to help me improve our Youtube channel?

Cory

• Administrators

If you could do me a favor. Post your top 5 videos we've ever made in a single post. I'd like to analyze the data in a hopes to make more content that pleases the most people. I realize it'll probably take you 10 minutes, however this would be the best chance you have for me to make more content you'll enjoy longer. I won't respond to each. Simply I'll tally up video votes and see if this data can tell us something. Thanks!

China Aquarium Fish Market - CRAZY

Catching Wild Fish for Aquarium - [Peru Collecting]
THE CLEANEST FISH ROOM - Master Breeder Dean

AMAZING FISH ROOM TOUR - Greg Sage

Sneak Peek at the New Urban Fish Farm (enjoying watching this fish room put together)

A lot harder than it seems to only pick five as it feels like I've enjoyed 100s of hours worth of content on this channel. 

• Like 1

oh boy, watched tons of them and really cant pick. my opinion is just continue to be yourself. not every video will be a hit with every body, but you do enough variety that folks who are interested will continue to come back and watch. honesty, sincerity, and knowledgeable are the top 3 things that will keep me coming back to a youtube channel on subjects i have interest in.

• Like 5

• How to Properly Gravel Vacuum a Tank
  • Top 10 Betta Tank Mates for Community Tanks
  • How to Make a Quick and Easy Quarantine Tank (love anything with Irene!)
  • The one where Dean picks his favorite Betta fish from the rack (I can't find the title...love anything with Dean and Jimmy!)
  • Behind the Scenes of Aquarium Co-Op's Warehouse
Edited by Betsy
  • Like 4

China Aquarium Fish Market--Crazy

The Most Interesting Fish at Aquarium Co-op

Any of the Aquarium Co-op Tank Tours (I really like it when you offer some more in-depth discussion of a few selected species.) 

The Tour of that Fish Store in San Francisco

Any of the Interviews with Dean

• Like 2

- How To set Up aquarium Co2 System the Easy way

-How To Get Explosive Growth for Aquarium plants the Easy way

-The Easiest Aquarium Fertilizer on the Market -Easy Green

-Aquarium Fertilizer Dosing the Tutorial

-How to get rid of Aquarium Algae, - Causes, Different Types, and Algae Eaters

More content in those areas sure would be helpful to many, beginners and and those who might not be so new, there seems to be a lot of confusion out there leading to frustration, lighting and how it intersects with fertilizer, CO2 and plants and algae would be another great subject area. A lot of the questions on the forum seem to deal with why are my plants dying? Or how long will it take to see new growth? Or how do I use fertilizer in conjunction with lighting, or CO2?

• Like 2

1 - Fish Room / Farm Tours (especially with emphasis on the systems that make them work)

2 - Stock Tank / Tub ponds (enjoying nature daily but actually outside in nature) 

3 - The business side of fish 

4 - Dean

5 - De-mistify videos/ low tech success. (sometimes other channels only show what it takes to win aquascape awards versus having a really nice planted aquarium that doesn't require a second mortgage, 7x daily maintenance, and marriage counseling to make it work)

*** tracking these dont reference specific videos but a lot of times they find their way into live chats and as secondary topics to other videos. 

Edited by PlaneFishGuy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

- Every single tank at aquarium Co-op

- I can’t believe this is a chain store

-Top ten nano fish for freshwater aquariums

-Aquarium PH, KH and GH for beginners (and all of Elaine’s vids for beginners)

- Teeny, Tiny ideas for your Nano aquarium

• Like 3

I don't have specific ones but the content I really enjoy the most are:

1.Anything with Dean he is amazing and reminds me of my grandpa who was goofy like dean is. Especially the new fish room videos 

2. Species spotlights. Actually looking into rams and apistos thanks to those.

3. Live streams / post live stream videos

4. Top 10 videos./ Stocking videos

5. Any video where you give little hacks or tips to make things easier.

• Like 4

“How to breed German Blue Rams” (Dean)

”Thousands of Discus at this Professional Hatchery” (Gabe Z)

”Live with Gary Lange Rainbowfish Expert”

”THE FISH HOUSE! THE KING OF CENTRAL AMERICAN CICHLIDS!” (Wessel)

“1 MILLION FISH at this Tropical Fish Farm [Tour]” (Danzinger)

— Into breeding fish, and I like to hear a master interview / tour / converse with other masters — 

• Like 1

In no particular order:

API Master Kit vs Tetra Test Strips

How to Care For (insert fish name) Fish

How to Care For (insert plant name)

The Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle

Aquarium Ammonia Spike

Of course, there are also the livestreams that can be watched again and again.  The topics care so varied I’d be hard-pressed to pick a favorite.  Anything with guppies I suppose.

How to Hotrod a filter

API Master Kit vs Tetra Test Strips

Care guides--you often have real-life experiences that are different than the "standard" info that is found everywhere else, so they're SUPER helpful!

The livestreams--though I wish I could find some of the topics in them easier--I can't ever remember what livestream talks about what--it's really helpful that they're edited to have the topics listed in "chapters" (no idea what you actually call these) at the bottom, so I love that feature.

The "easy" videos--Irene has been making some great ones, and there are older ones that are also great.

• Like 2

I can only select categories, not specific videos: 

1. Breeding fish for profit series
  2. Top 10 lists
  3. Unboxings
  4. Aquarium Co-op store and warehouse tours
  5. Fish care guides

But my real answer would be "please, just continue to be yourself and only make content that you want/like/enjoy to make."

• Like 1

I agree with @Fonske categories are easier since so many videos are helpful. As a relatively newer fish keeper what has been most helpful category-wise in no particular order:

1. Comparison videos (such as filter vs filter)

2. Top 10 Lists

3. Stocking ideas

4. Tank Maintenance (filters, heaters, chemicals, cleaning et al)

5. Care guides (fish and plants)

All the rest is gravy to me. 

• Like 1

Hi Corey,

Thanks for asking! I agree with @Fonske and @xXInkedPhoenixX and will name my favorite categories:

1. More Dean's Fish Room, please! I feel as though we have only glimpsed the tip of the iceberg of Dean's knowledge. 
  2. Urban Fish Farm. I love watching the concept turn into reality.
  3. Top 5 or Top 10 Lists. These lists are always fun and I like seeing the fish/plants/inverts that are mentioned.
  4. Tips, Tricks, & Tutorials. When Cory said, "make them afraid of the hand, instead of the net," I had an epiphany! Also, I am a compulsive tinkerer. 
  5. Species-Specific Care Guides for fish, plants, and inverts. These give me the confidence to try something new because I feel like they help me make informed choices. 
Edited by Anita
  • Thanks 1