Aquarium in corner - put background on side?

LaurieinIA

I’m setting up my new 75 today. I put a black background on the back last night. The tank sits in a corner and, before I fill it, so I’m trying to decide if I should also put some sort of background on the end that’s towards the wall?  I was considering either black or even just getting some “frosted glass” type like you’d use for privacy on a window. 

thoughts?

1 hour ago, Betsy said:

I think that would look nice!  Especially if you only see wall behind that side.  You can always take it off if you hate it!

I think I’m going to use black, just for continuity. But first, I have to figure out how to get my hoses attached to the frame of the tank. Grrr... they aren’t very secure and the gap isn’t large enough to go over the “lip”

EE3FDAE7-74A3-470F-B9DB-5B38E19A76BD.jpeg.e697ea9c7c2d10405ace9144bfe16386.jpeg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lefty o said:

looks like only a matter of time before that thing either pops off or breaks. you could notch out the inside of the lip once you are sure where your final placement will be.

I decided I’m going to take it to the LFS where I bought both the tank and filter and see it they have a solution. Or maybe exchange the filter system for something that is more secure?  It’s a 60 mile round trip and will kill a bunch of time I’d rather use in other ways... like aquascaping... but I don’t want water everywhere either. 

7 hours ago, LaurieinIA said:

I think I’m going to use black, just for continuity. But first, I have to figure out how to get my hoses attached to the frame of the tank. Grrr... they aren’t very secure and the gap isn’t large enough to go over the “lip”

EE3FDAE7-74A3-470F-B9DB-5B38E19A76BD.jpeg.e697ea9c7c2d10405ace9144bfe16386.jpeg

I had that same problem with the two Goosenecks for my Kessils with the frame lip inside my 75 gallon tank, and after looking at it and deciding that two small cutouts would not compromise the frame's bracing effect, since the frame still grabs the glass in the U-groove, I used the Dremel tool with a plastic cutter disc to cut out the two small openings I needed for the clamps from the lip.

Edited by Jungle Fan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1