CKZ

Hi everyone! We are hoping someone can help us identify these fry which apparently hitchhiked on some plants we purchased. There are three total, and they showed up right after we plunked new plants into an otherwise empty tank. We tried to do some reconnaissance and headed back to the store to see what was in their tanks, but by the time we noticed the fry a few days later their stock had changed a bit. They are tiny, and currently living with baby white clouds, which are rapidly outpacing the growth of these little guys. Ideas??

FF120119-A30D-4F42-B733-5A5F05B00139.jpeg

AFEFD0CE-EDA7-4CDD-8497-F0B40BF2F136.jpeg

86FC8880-F9A9-4DE7-8A8A-1F109C26E215.jpeg

• Like 1

Hmm . . . it doesn't look exactly like anything we've bred before. Could thee be Rainbowfish fry? I'm really shooting in the dark . . . maybe some sort of Killis? Clear body and length suggest . . . perhaps a tetra?

I could be all wrong, but I'd tentatively rule out any livebearers or Cichlids. 

• 5 months later...
On 9/22/2021 at 7:27 PM, PineSong said:

What a happy follow-up. So exciting (and a little bit nerve-wracking) to think that babies from a species you don't even keep can just pop up in your tank from adding plants. I recently got floating plants from the local club sale and never considered this possibility.

I do t think any of us could have imagined this!  I would be so happy!!!