How to use Paracleanse in a display tank

Ashe

Hello! Is it a good idea to use Paracleanse and IchX in a planted display tank? My QT is busy treating a different illness at the moment and one of my danio in my display tank just got some internal parasite. So I am wondering if I can use those two medication in a display tank and if so, how do I go about doing it? 

Thank you

Have you ID'ed the parasite? 

Found it. I would go ahead and medicate the fish food so the metronidazole can more effectively attack the internal parasites. It appears to be a general antiparasitic so it will have no effect on your plants or sensitive species.

Edited by Biotope Biologist

12 minutes ago, Biotope Biologist said:

Have you ID'ed the parasite? 

Found it. I would go ahead and medicate the fish food so the metronidazole can more effectively attack the internal parasites. It appears to be a general antiparasitic so it will have no effect on your plants or sensitive species.

Not really. It causes a budge near the fish stomach. I have treated this exact fish before with Paracleanse and IchX. I don't think my fish will eat the medicated fish foods lol since they are so picky in general.

Oh ok good to know. Sorry so just to double check one more time, so Paracleanse and IchX wont affect plants nor sensitve species? lmao I just don't want to wipe out everything

7 hours ago, Ashe said:

Not really. It causes a budge near the fish stomach. I have treated this exact fish before with Paracleanse and IchX. I don't think my fish will eat the medicated fish foods lol since they are so picky in general.

Oh ok good to know. Sorry so just to double check one more time, so Paracleanse and IchX wont affect plants nor sensitve species? lmao I just don't want to wipe out everything

Add garlic guard to the medicated food. Works well.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 9:33 PM, MN-AQUARIST said:

You can for sure use both,  but I would ask why the ich-x if you think it's internal parasites? I would just do the paracleanse and follow the dosing instructions. 

Oh IchX to prevent a bacterial infection after treating the parasitic infection because right now, the fish scales are all damaged. But now, I am not so sure if IchX would be wise to use in a tank with shrimps and snails

Ich-X will not prevent the majority of bacterial infections nor will it cure them. Ich-X is a general anti-parasitic and the formalin in it should not be used to treat bacterial infections. The scales of your fish will go back to normal when the fish recovers. If the fish does not respond to paracleanse (this may take up to 2 weeks) you most likely have a bacterial infection and I would recommend Pimenta extract. I do not see any contraindications for it with sensitive species such as shrimp but check the container to be sure. 

Huh! I have been told it could treat bacterial infection as well. Ok noted! Yeah I will switch up to Pimenta extract or Maracyn if the infection does not go away after 2 weeks. I am pretty sure it will tho cuz, it is the same budge as before.