Found babys today( guppy fry)

19 hours ago, CorydorasEthan said:

Wow, all from one female? If so, that's quite a large brood. Good luck with them!

Yes. its weird about 5 days ago the 2ed female went mia i seen her 2days before that then gone no body no nothing. I expected about 20 to 40 it is that females first birth so I'm expecting about a hundred or so on the 2nd she is still young. It's day two I do not see any casualties I've been feeding them three times a day crushed up flakes Frozen baby brine and crushed up bug bites. I will have to be careful and get them out as soon as they are a little bigger because I already have snails reproducing like crazy and even though it is a 55 gallon the system can easily overload with so much new life

47 minutes ago, Jimycle said:

Yes. its weird about 5 days ago the 2ed female went mia i seen her 2days before that then gone no body no nothing. I expected about 20 to 40 it is that females first birth so I'm expecting about a hundred or so on the 2nd she is still young. It's day two I do not see any casualties I've been feeding them three times a day crushed up flakes Frozen baby brine and crushed up bug bites. I will have to be careful and get them out as soon as they are a little bigger because I already have snails reproducing like crazy and even though it is a 55 gallon the system can easily overload with so much new life

You could actually leave the babies in for quite a long time, depending on filtration. The amount of bacteria will increase in the tank with the amount of guppies you have. So I would say leave this first batch of babies until adulthood, then sell them off to your local fish store.