Breaking News for Immediate Release!

Daniel

29 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Normally I would have been also. But given that none of the moderators have stepped in to lock this thread, I think that says everything we need to know.

I mean, this has to be true. It's the first thread I saw when I logged into the forum. Though at times like this, I always remember my favorite quote from Abraham Lincoln:

560.jpg.ae89daf58e4bc104fdb9aa5a5d65c4e8.jpg

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Plus I think that in Canada everything has to be published about both French and English, so that could explain it.

I remember when I first learned that... it was from watching Canadian Bacon!

Edited by ererer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hah, wow, since I'm not seeing it myself on Hagen's Canadian or US site, I'm guessing it's a prank. One of my many jobs is dealing with corporate press releases, and all I can say is whoever did this knows their way around and should probably be applying for PR or corporate comms jobs. But it is kind of a tell to have Cory talking about the forum on a Hagen press release. Hagen would probably have more to say about themselves and their business.

That said, uh, this is close enough to looking like an official press release speaking of official (and international!) business deals that whoever made it might be in hot water, legally speaking, especially if either party IS in negotiations with anyone else, or if it costs them business, or if either of them get flooded with customer questions about it.

Just sayin, whoever did it, might want to have a kill switch at the ready. All the same, LOL, you got me there for a minute.

Edited by Kirsten
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kirsten said:

One of my many jobs is dealing with corporate press releases, and all I can say is whoever did this knows their way around and should probably be applying for PR or corporate comms jobs. But it is kind of a tell to have Cory talking about the forum on a Hagen press release.

The disappointment is starting to set in...are you saying there might not be paid moderators as indicated in the press release?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, ererer said:

I mean, this has to be true. It's the first thread I saw when I logged into the forum. Though at times like this, I always remember my favorite quote from Abraham Lincoln:

560.jpg.ae89daf58e4bc104fdb9aa5a5d65c4e8.jpg

I remember when I first learned that... it was from watching Canadian Bacon!

That movie is more educational than people realize.

• Haha 1