My tank is a 55 gallon its not a traditional 55 gallon its much wider the demensions are length 40 inches  height 20 inches width   17 inches  i want to put an oscar and a parrot chichlid and 2 electric blue acarain it i do water changes every week my filter is a canister it does 264 gallons an hour  im buying all the fish as junivelles and upgrading the tank in 2 years 

11 minutes ago, Williamirish16 said:

My tank is a 55 gallon its not a traditional 55 gallon its much wider the demensions are length 40 inches  height 20 inches width   17 inches  i want to put an oscar and a parrot chichlid and 2 electric blue acarain it i do water changes every week my filter is a canister it does 264 gallons an hour  im buying all the fish as junivelles and upgrading the tank in 2 years 

I'd love to see a photo of your tank. The fish I'd be concerned about for a 2-year lay over is the Oscar. They can grow at a rate of 1 inch per month.  And there's a reasons why Oscars, at a foot long, are called "tank busters" 😬 

It might work . . . but I think the digs will be cramped. Electric Blue Acaras, however, would love that. 

Here's a tank we set up with 2x Electric Blue Acaras, 6x Firemouth Cichlids, 1x Convict Cichlid, a school of about a dozen Buenos Aires Tetras, and a couple Bristlenose Plecos. Key is having one dominant Cichlid...

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Fish Folk said:

I'd love to see a photo of your tank. The fish I'd be concerned about for a 2-year lay over is the Oscar. They can grow at a rate of 1 inch per month.  And there's a reasons why Oscars, at a foot long, are called "tank busters" 😬 

It might work . . . but I think the digs will be cramped. Electric Blue Acaras, however, would love that. 

Here's a tank we set up with 2x Electric Blue Acaras, 6x Firemouth Cichlids, 1x Convict Cichlid, a school of about a dozen Buenos Aires Tetras, and a couple Bristlenose Plecos. Key is having one dominant Cichlid...

I won't put in the oscar is there anything else i can put instead of it 

13 minutes ago, Williamirish16 said:

won't put in the oscar is there anything else i can put instead of it 

This depends on what you’re really looking for. If you want big wet pets — fish that will be hilarious and super outgoing — a single green terror will be your buddy for life. If you want a big community, some Geos are peaceful, and can work well with EBAs. We keep Threadfin Acaras with Discus. And enjoy a school of mature Columbian Tetras with EBAs. 

FFCB680B-9CAE-4648-A0DF-11D37FE9E557.jpeg

388AD57E-4166-4D91-8664-C2130EF3C3A8.jpeg

• Like 1