CPDs with shrimp?

Chris287

I have heard lots of mixed things about celestial pearl danios aka galaxy rasboras with shrimp. I have mostly heard they will kill every shrimp they see one person said it decimated their colony of 40 shrimp to 3. I have also heard of lots of people keeping platys with shrimp and I don't see how that could possibly be better when platys get 3 inches and CPDs get 1. Could it be a aggression thing maybe? . Do you think it would be ok in a densely planted tank? If not what are other substitutes I was thinking maybe kubotai or chili rasboras.

Most people are fine having CPD's and adult shrimp. I currently have 8 CPD's with a small colony of RCS and CRS and they're starting to take off. The issue comes with trying to breed shrimps and getting a sizeable population going. Having a densely planted tank helps but they'll wiggle their way in the plants and get the shrimplets. It's mainly harder if you have a smaller starting population but once they get going it'll be alright, just don't expect having a ton of shrimps lol. Chili rasboras are better, green neons, etc.