Streetwise Homestead Aquariums

Streetwise

I broke down the tank today and moved it to my apartment. My mom didn’t really understand what was going on, asking why this was happening, even though she has been insisting that it needs to go. My dad rearranged things to be like they used to, and reports that she is happy with the situation now.

I still have to get the three tubs out of the basement, but those are not really in her line-of-sight.

I guess I finally did a water change this year, and the first for this tank.

E07E6B10-63EA-4C97-888D-242460FD147B.jpeg.00a6bfceed6d580a84c1bef14d93dc46.jpeg

FC3BE9B8-9226-4641-BB36-C8884B80E395.jpeg.9f84813ac3730e6a6c033ffe996cc21f.jpeg

51092BAB-411C-40E3-A849-3E56723BEDBF.jpeg.ae91b596fad9f84ca5757e244b79b2ee.jpeg

I will probably remove the Amazon sword and place a plant order. I ended up using the plants from up the thread in other tanks.

• Like 1

Oh, my heart goes out to you and your family.  That's an impossibly hard situation.  I know very well there are no words that can truly comfort, especially from a stranger.  It does seem like there is a wonderful support network for everyone.  Given, that's probably the best that can be done.  Good luck.  Be well.  And know that even those who you've never met care. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the support, friends! My dad is doing a good job taking care of her, but he is even older, so this situation will definitely be evolving. I’m an only child, and currently alone. I do have local cousins who have dealt with aging parents all the way, and one is a doctor. I can handle the emotional swings, but I anticipate administrative challenges in the future. I am taking over more accounts for various stuff, but I don’t have any template.

On another note, @Atitagain, my dad said he picked up those slate pieces for table tops when getting a very thick slice for under a wood stove, and he thinks that they cut them down on-site. I’m not sure.

In my consulting days, this was one of my clients. They show a roofing photo with large slate tiles:

https://vermontslateco.com

• Like 2
  • Love 1