Introduction of fish to main tank post QT

My fish have successfully completed QT and are ready to go into the main tank. Is there anything special I need to know? I was thinking of adding them in the morning, because my lights in the tank don't turn on till 1 in the afternoon. The water parameters are the same, but want to make sure that after all this time and effort I don't do something I shouldn't. 

Thanks everyone!

When I added newcomers, I did the weekly tank maintenance a day early so it wouldn't be necessary on the new fish day, and kept the tank lights off after adding them, so everyone could meet and greet with as little outside stress as possible. I acclimated them to temp and water, as they came from different water. I fed them lightly that evening, but many people don't feed right away.

• Like 1

Thank you @Colu and @Maggie. I plan on getting more fish in the QT tank. I am hoping I can get the 20 gallon finally stocked with some fish. 

In prep for adding new fish to the QT tank, should I do a good clean, and water change before I add fish? There has not been any medication in there for weeks and I have been doing regular water changes every week as I do with my other tanks.

4 minutes ago, Sandra the fish rookie said:

@Colu Can I QT more than 1 species of fish at the same time? For example if I get some cardinal tetras and something else? so they all QT at the same time? What are your thoughts?

Thats what I do!

I only have one QT tank so any fish that I get from the lfs goes in there.

You should be fine to add new fish to the QT tank if the previous batch didnt have any illness or anything. If they did I would do a complete waterchange, and switch out your filter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sandra the fish rookie said:

@James B Okay cool. I had 1 corydora die within the first 5 days. But I didn't see any signs of illness at all. I did a full course of Maracyn just in case, but all the others have never shown any illness at all and are eating and thriving. I used carbon post medication as well. 

Yea your probably good to add in fish right away. Chances are that corydora was just a weak link.