Blue Stiphodon Goby Care

stowcenter93

What are some basic care requirements for this fish? I have always had my eye on them and my LFS has a batch that just came in?

These would have to be added to an existing tank, with some Panda Corys and Kuhli Loaches (as well as some Tetras and Gudgeons). Any advice on quality, and if this would most likely work?

I've had three of these guys I bought from a big box store over two years ago. 

First and foremost ensure the tank is mature and has plenty of surfaces growing organic matter for them to graze on. They are nearly constant eaters. Mine go after any prepared or frozen food that catches their eye as well. 

Being from moving water I would be sure to keep the water highly oxygenated. I've kept mine in the low 70s temperature wise. 

These are some of my favorite fish. Mine live with a group of white clouds, characidium tetras, and green swordtails and are alot of fun to watch interact with each other. 

• Thanks 1

I have never had a blue stiphodon goby, but I do have a rainbow stiphodon goby which is closely related. I feed mine algea waffers so it gets enough to eat since I keep my tank pretty clean. Temperature wise normal parameters for tropical fish. Mine will also eat micro pellets that sink to the bottom. I keep him in a 29 gallon with a L144a pleco 8 tetras 6 endlers 4 peppered corys and 1 mystery + numerous ramshorn snails. Heres a photo of him.16172433502562897859542825415611.jpg.40a308c5d6093179a1948c9e2df64f2a.jpg

@Fish Folk Thank you! appreciate it! I had saw these, but I'm curious on experience. Reason being... my chocolate gouramis shouldn't be thriving based on some internet info, yet they are doing fantastic.

@MAC It's definitely mature, as far as algae grazing grows. I've somewhat stopped trying to dedicate feed my Ottos cause their bellies are always still round just grazing away all day. I think that's a good sign. Do you know if you kept 1 male 2 females?

@Dwayne Brown Love it! It's a sweet looking fish!

@stowcenter93I think I have two males and one female. The two males are strikingly blue at times and joust around each other and wag their tails over their heads in display to the suspected female. She is pretty but much more subdued in color. 

When I got them it wasn't apparent which was what and the second male took quite some time to display coloration like the other.