Telescope Eye on Goldfish Shrunken and Cloudy

GreenSorceress

Hello! Looking for advice on if there is anything I can do to help this eye regrow/heal.  It used to have a large telescope eye, but a few months ago it shrank and now has a cloudiness over it. There isn't anything really sharp in the tank that could have injured it except maybe a plant weight? He is in a 55 gallon with 2 other fancy goldfish. I have very fine crushed coral on the bottom, river rocks, and java fern. It is filtered by an aquaclear 70 and a sponge filter. I do a 30% water change every week. (GH 60, KH 80, pH 6.5-7.0, Ammonia/Nitrite 0, Nitrate 20-40 when measured before the weekly water change, temp 77 F). I did get a small ammonia spike after I used the med trio but that was after the initial problem and it seems to have corrected. I've used the med trio, then salt up to level 3, then tried Kanaplex usually with a week or so between treatments to see if it worked.

I noticed right before it shrank that the eye seemed really wobbly. So now I'm wondering if it is just a genetic issue and not a parasite. Just trying to see if there is anything else I can do.

goldfish eye 2.jpg

Goldfish eye  1.jpg

• Sad 1