New ro filter system help

Samanthabea

There is a possibility that the pressure gauge is bad. Did you get any water flowing into the unit when you turned the supply on to the unit?

If the unit was already assembled, all you should have had to do is connect the supply line, then have your waste water line, usually red going to a drain and your good water line, usually white or blue going to whatever you want to catch it in. There should be a flow restrictor somewhere on the waste water line, you may have to open that to bleed the water through all the cartridges and RO membrane, or if there is a line to flush your membrane, open that as it will allow the water to go through faster and bleed out the air. 

I used an RO unit at my house with a well that only runs with about 40-50 psi, but it was very slow, would take several hours to make 5 gallons. I bought one of the booster pumps that boosts the pressure to 80 PSI and it takes 40 min to make 5 gallons. 

10 hours ago, Dwayne Brown said:

can you here the motor?

Unless she's running a booster pumps, I don't think that most RO units come with anything like a motor that would make noticeable noise.

Edited by ererer

At 1st it made noise until the air was bled out checked the canisters they were loose but the psi gauge is definitely bad water coming out both tubes called them today they are going to replace the gauge and mine is slow going but that has more to do with the leaky faucet loosing some of the pressure I'm going to use it for the converted 55 saltwater tank I'm trying to set up and my husbands smaller tank that's been started for a little bit still not to the fish introduction part yet