My first microfauna!

CalmedByFish

Can you help me figure out what they are? There seems to be 2 tiny species, but my eyes won't focus on them.

One seems to be a white worm, not even a millimeter long. I found 3, all on the glass. They move very slowly, but I can tell that they curve back and forth.

The other is dozens of white specks, barely bigger than flour. I can tell they're more oblong than round. They can swim, and seem to move through the water similarly to the jerky motions of baby brine. Most are on the glass, Though I can tell they move across the glass pretty quickly, I can't see any details about how they're doing it. 

(In the last few days, I've received plants from 2 places, and snails from another. I assume these critters came on plants.)

I've been wanting microfauna, so I'm pretty excited. Can you tell me what they're likely to be? And is there anything I should know to help me keep their populations alive?

5 hours ago, CalmedByFish said:

The other is dozens of white specks, barely bigger than flour. I can tell they're more oblong than round. They can swim, and seem to move through the water similarly to the jerky motions of baby brine. Most are on the glass, Though I can tell they move across the glass pretty quickly, I can't see any details about how they're doing it.

Do the ones on the glass with the jerky motions look something like this. If so those are cyclops:

cyclops.PNG.a6cb7e60de6278d5a301fdb299bee5b5.PNG

I've been trying to identify the critters based on your suggestions. My eyes (and phone camera) absolutely won't focus - super frustrating. 

I was planning to put fish in this tank in about a week, so I at least need to make sure it's safe to do so.

I am able to see that none of the critters are taking interest in a clump of ramshorn snail eggs. That should be a good sign that nothing is parasitic, right?