Another thing I've never had before

Samanthabea

What did it have to eat recently?  I think what you are seeing is it's last meal in the stomach?  I wondered the same thing about my ghost shrimp a while back, but the spot was coincidentally the same color as its food.  Is the spot there all the time?

• Like 2

Every time I've seen them but I also overfeed the fish a little so they have something to munch on it's all the same flake food (blue red and yellow) so shouldn't it be on all 4 even if there is a color difference I've seen the other 2 eat but it's less and doesn't show up while the other 2 the spot seems to bulge could those two just overeat my previous shrimp that I've had also weren't near as active as these guys during a feeding but that tank wasn't as populated they swim to the top and catch flakes should I put algae wafers in once a day to stop them from gorging if that's the case(I have a lot left from my pleco that died from the ich)

Haha, I gave up trying to find all my ghost shrimp!  I did too good a job creating hiding places for them.  I can only identify them by their special qualities even when they do come out ("the tiny one", "the pregnant one", and "the other three").

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now that they are in the smaller tank mine love to sit on the barrel or the fake plants on it now but why would he change coloring to blackish could it just be he took a dirt bath and hasn't cleaned himself up yet I've never used(sorry for the general I forgot what type I got I have the bag at home still) aquarium dirt before