Howdy! Shrimpin' from Texas

Courtney

Searched the forum for answers more than once, and thought I ought to start participating.  Thanks for the great info everyone shares.  

Started a 20G fish tank a few months ago and bought a couple neocaridina shrimp for fun and fell in love with shrimp.  SUPER FUN!! I led with my face, as I often do, and smashed into more than a few walls...particularly when I mixed Blue Dreams and Blue Velvets.  Both blue, right?  Whoops.  So then I got a cull tank and more tanks for the carbon rilis, blue diamonds, and brownish red (chocolates or marys?) they are throwing my way.  Enjoying the adventure, and I'll eventually get them sorted properly.  

Thanks for having the forum.  I hope to be able to contribute on the shrimp side.  I haven't made all the mistakes to learn from yet, but I'm still working on it. 

IMG_3560.jpg

• Like 6

That's kinda cool too I think, now you are breeding different color morphs from your two types! I only have had Red Cherry Shrimp so far as color morphs go, though I've gotten some really nice reds out of my line so far.

I'd love to try some blues or yellows some time. You should post pictures of the different color morphs that you're getting if you can, that would be interesting to see.

Thanks for this, @ererer.  I used an outdated neo family tree which is what made me think that Blue Velvets came from Blue Dreams and I could mix them.  I like the one that has the same info as yours but is more stacked (attached).  They are throwing offspring up and down their lines so far, and they aren't throwing wilds, so it'll be interesting to see what they do as time goes on.  Yes, I'll look for a topic that matches.  If not, I'll start one.

Neo Tree.png

• Like 2