Help with strange Platy behavior

quikv6

I have a platy who is about 7 months old, and acting very strange. He either sits on the bottom gravel, or up top at water line, and really doesn't swim much at all, though he certainly can. I know something is wrong because he isn't interested in food.

But aside from the behavior, there are no visible signs to  point me toward a problem. The platy has good color, fins are upright and not clamped, and I see no signs of fungal/bacterial issues. Visually, he looks great. No flashing either.

Normally, I'd say possibly parasitic, but his community tank has been through 2 precautionary Paracleanse treatments within the last month or two. It has also been through a Maracyn treatment. He was the only fish acting this way in the tank, and there's probably 40-50 other platys. There have been no outside fish added to the tank...all were born in the tank.

**Parameters:  Ammonia - 0, Nitrite - 0, Nitrate 15-25, GH - 200, KH - 100, PH - 7.6-7.8

Any ideas? I'll try to upload a picture...but visually, I am clueless, as he looks great. Thanks in advance.

20210325_104328(0).jpg

Lethargy, unusual behavior, hiding, disinterest in food are sometimes the only signs we get that something's wrong. If possible, I'd recommend quarantining him separately for closer observation and give him 1 tbsp aquarium salt or marine salt for every 3 gallons or so to see if that helps.

Thanks.  I failed to mention that he's in with some salt,  as he's always been.  I generally use a teaspoon per 5 gallons, though I moved him to a grow-out tank, which is closer to a tablespoon per 5 gallons. 

He can swim fine.....he just doesn't. The lack of interest in food is really most worrisome. Something's wrong...just have no idea what.