Does easy carbon have an effect on pregnant shrimp?

CT_

My monte carlo has finally begun to adapt after probably a month or more and I'm seeing some clusters of new growth but all around it and on it I have a hazy layer of green hair algae that's pearling 😠 .  The non-carpet zones I've been able to gravel vac and the tumbling has kept different sides of the substrate exposed to light so the green hair is less bad there.  At times I've even picked at my substrate removing one pebble at a time with tweezers and replacing it with a fresh pebble from the bag, but it turns out that's not a sustainable strategy.

I'd like to give my MC a leg up so it can really get the light it needs, so I'm considering an algaeside like easy carbon.  I've mentioned in other posts that I had my first berried shrimp drop her eggs and was bummed out about it, so now I'm extra paranoid.  Would easy carbon hurt my shrimp's eggs or their desire to carry them?

EZ Carbon won't hurt shrimp or eggs. But, shrimp love algae, unless it's completely out of hand I'd leave it. I wish I could get some algae growing in my shrimp tank. I'm pretty sure they did better with it,  but it cleared up on it's own and I can't get more growing no matter how long I leave the lights on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ken said:

EZ Carbon won't hurt shrimp or eggs. But, shrimp love algae, unless it's completely out of hand I'd leave it. I wish I could get some algae growing in my shrimp tank. I'm pretty sure they did better with it,  but it cleared up on it's own and I can't get more growing no matter how long I leave the lights on.

shoot that's a good point.  They don't seem to eat the hair algae, or at least they don't eat enough, but there's more than that in there.

Hmm maybe i can "rent" an amano shrimp.