How do I protect my baby snail?

MeggersNCat

Hello everyone! 
Sadly I lost my mystery snails recently after changing my substrate. I have no clue what happened. Anyway, last weekend I got four nerite snails. They are definitely not as active as my mystery were, I haven’t seen two of them since the day I added them, and so far are not doing a very good job cleaning the tank. But anyway the real reason I’m posting is because I discovered the tiniest baby snail crawling in my glass!! I’m assuming this is a pest snail from my new aquarium CoOp plants as I added a bunch more plants when I change my substrate. My tank needs a thorough cleaning because there’s terrible algae everywhere and the nerite snails are slacking on their rent here. What can I do to protect this dear baby snail when I go to do my water changes and clean the tank?@Cory feel free to add input if you’d

DD438391-CEB1-403C-9819-EF1B315C194C.jpeg

480CCC1D-C9F2-4204-BFB8-FA3965A43E24.jpeg

A15B014B-5CC3-4279-B049-5DE167651D12.jpeg

Edited by MeggersNCat

You'll be fine. Snails are pretty hardy. There's bound to be more that show up. Snail eggs are very hard to fine / see, so it's not until weeks go by that they show up. BTW . . . your photos don't seem to be showing up.

Sometimes snails will climb up out of your tank. Ours have climbed out and fallen to die on the floor before. Nerites do well . . . what's your tank water temperature?

7 hours ago, Fish Folk said:

You'll be fine. Snails are pretty hardy. There's bound to be more that show up. Snail eggs are very hard to fine / see, so it's not until weeks go by that they show up. BTW . . . your photos don't seem to be showing up.

Sometimes snails will climb up out of your tank. Ours have climbed out and fallen to die on the floor before. Nerites do well . . . what's your tank water temperature?

My tank water temp is 76-80. I have it on a heater controller

7 hours ago, Cory said:

Images are black for me as well. Pond snails are resilient, short of accidentally crushing them, they usually do well.

I’m more concerned about accidentally sucking it up with the syphon during water changes. I fixed the images

Edited by MeggersNCat