Python adapter

Phillip

I have a bar sink right next to my aquarium. It’s smaller than most faucets. I just learned the size is called Tom Thumb. I want to find a female Tom Thumb to hose adapter. All I can find is a male Tom Thumb to hose. Anybody ever find something like this? I had a universal adapter that had a rubber hose that got tightened on the the faucet. It was a pain and the rubber ripped already. I’d like to find a threaded fitting to use. 

5EA4F505-9CF7-485E-9B6D-0AAFA73991B2.jpeg

• Like 1

I just googled it and all kinds of adapters came up.   You should be able to make something work..  

if not take the python adapter to a plumbing store.   Not box hardware.   But plumbing shop.  
they should be able to help.  
good Luck 

2 minutes ago, Brian said:

I just googled it and all kinds of adapters came up.   You should be able to make something work..  

if not take the python adapter to a plumbing store.   Not box hardware.   But plumbing shop.  
they should be able to help.  
good Luck 

I’ve spent hours on google. Hours!  Haven’t found the right one yet. I’ve brought the python to Home Depot and 2 different hardware stores. 

32 minutes ago, lefty o said:

the rubber adapter ones are garbage. no doubt about it. without actually seeing the threads on the faucet in person, its really hard to know what is needed. they do have a pile of them.

The size is 16.5, also known as Tom Thumb. I know they make one! It’s just hell trying to find one lol

2 hours ago, Phillip said:

I have a bar sink right next to my aquarium. It’s smaller than most faucets. I just learned the size is called Tom Thumb. I want to find a female Tom Thumb to hose adapter. All I can find is a male Tom Thumb to hose. Anybody ever find something like this? I had a universal adapter that had a rubber hose that got tightened on the the faucet. It was a pain and the rubber ripped already. I’d like to find a threaded fitting to use. 

5EA4F505-9CF7-485E-9B6D-0AAFA73991B2.jpeg

Well, I bought this one a while back. It's threaded on the inside and outside on the tom thumb side, so it can be male or female: https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Diverter-Threaded-Connector-Bathroom/dp/B07XF1BCJH  $11 is steep for an adapter, but hey, where else you gonna find it?

adapter.jpg.8573477e94d83c2fbd6c3132090a7d71.jpg

• Like 1

Take your aerator with you and go into your local mom and pop hardware store. Look around for the guy with white hair and tell him you want to hook a garden hose hose to your bathroom faucet. Hand him the aerator and in few minutes you'll be good to go.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StephenP2003 said:

Well, I bought this one a while back. It's threaded on the inside and outside on the tom thumb side, so it can be male or female: https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Diverter-Threaded-Connector-Bathroom/dp/B07XF1BCJH  $11 is steep for an adapter, but hey, where else you gonna find it?

adapter.jpg.8573477e94d83c2fbd6c3132090a7d71.jpg

Thanks! At this point I don’t care what it cost 🤣

14 minutes ago, Ken said:

Take your aerator with you and go into your local mom and pop hardware store. Look around for the guy with white hair and tell him you want to hook a garden hose hose to your bathroom faucet. Hand him the aerator and in few minutes you'll be good to go.

That’s the first thing I did! We looked for like an hour 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Phillip said:

That’s the first thing I did! We looked for like an hour 

You need a better white-haired hardware store guy😂. Our local shop has a has a little thing that you screw your aerator into so you can to see what the actual size and pitch are, then go from there.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Hobbit said:

threads on their adapters are SUPER sharp.

I also learned this the hard way. Adapter was on pretty tight, so I was just gripping harder and harder and not even noticing it was slicing up my thumbs/the meat between thumb and index finger (on both hands).  Rough couple of days after that.  Definitely won't make that mistake again. 

• Like 2

Boo-yah!! Wasn’t that bad 🤣. I went to the hardware store and found it this morning. We must’ve overlooked it last time I went 🤷🏻‍♂️  I went to Home Depot and the guy working there said they don’t make anything like that. You’re gonna have to get a new faucet.

AF314120-1093-4745-80DF-EEA3C9D51F52.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 years later...

Hey man, just ran into the same situation as you. I’m on my third faucet trying to figure this out. I feel ridiculous. Couldn’t find a correct adaptor at Home Depot or any plumbing website and python doesn’t make one, only the male m16 found on google as well. I don’t believe the one that the person above suggested will work given it’s not “Tom thumb” size. But I found this one on amazon. This should work. https://a.co/d/e1wTPRP

IMG_0770.png

On 3/21/2021 at 8:39 PM, Ken said:

I agree, but sadly these places are going away.