Anyone Watch Anime?

9 hours ago, ChefConfit said:

Gundam wing was my intro as a kid so I've always had a soft spot for any mech anime. I also love sword art online. I've recently been rewatching pokemon with my daughter from the begining. 

beginning like indigo league? also I wouldn't recommend the newest show.

14 hours ago, ChefConfit said:

Of course begining with indigo league. And journeys is the best the show has been in years imo. I felt like the show started going down hill quickly after battle frontier, and only began to improve during sun and moon.

idk why but I really don't like journeys. I guess because they took out the excitement of someone catching a new Pokémon. 

On 3/27/2021 at 12:01 PM, quirkylemon103 said:

I love Nichijou(my ordinary life) 🙂. does anyone have recommendations for what I can watch with my younger sister?

If you like Nichijō's the quirky combination of slice-of-life plus fantasy/sci-fi, here are few suggestions. You did not mention how old she is. So, you may want to preview a couple of episodes to determine if a series is age-/content-appropriate for your sister. BTW, use the links to see plot summaries, reviews, and voice cast

For traditional tales, this is an excellent series: Folktales from Japan👹

Natsume's Book of Friends 夏目友人帳「Natsume Yūjinchō」
English subtitled or dubbed versions are available. 😎

56482443-7948-4ced-88da-c8ddb0f3a3c1.jpg

Edited by Anita
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, quirkylemon103 said:

idk why but I really don't like journeys. I guess because they took out the excitement of someone catching a new Pokémon. 

I mostly like that it doesn't follow the same plot that it has followed for every generation since the begining. 

Rather than just Ash traveling from gym to gym collecting badges to compete in the pokemon league he is helping Goh learn about being a pokemon trainer while he tries to catch one of every Pokemon and Ash competing in a world wide pokemon tournament.

And as for new pokemon idk how much you've watched but they've visited Galar several times so far.

15 hours ago, ChefConfit said:

I mostly like that it doesn't follow the same plot that it has followed for every generation since the begining. 

Rather than just Ash traveling from gym to gym collecting badges to compete in the pokemon league he is helping Goh learn about being a pokemon trainer while he tries to catch one of every Pokemon and Ash competing in a world wide pokemon tournament.

And as for new pokemon idk how much you've watched but they've visited Galar several times so far.

I mean it was exiting whenever someone caught a Pokémon but now goh catches a Pokémon almost every episode so it isn't exiting anymore

I used to watch a ton of anime when I was in middle school and high school, now just once in a great while and I’m very picky which titles I like, pretty much everything I like was made in the late 80s early 90s lol titles like project a-ko, maison ikkoku, boys over flowers, magic knight rayearth, the slayers, sailor moon of course.

Utena is my absolute series of all time

Edited by marionmaymay
added some titles
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not recently, but I used to watch Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Champloo (personal all time favorite), and Blood+, and Cowboy Beebop. Eureka Seven, and Inuyasha, Death Note, and Soul Eater.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My wife and I are the equivalent of Anime, Manga, and Manhua Nerms. She is more into the Manhua and Shoujo manga, but we overlapped in Ouran High School Host Club, Fruits Basket, and My Love Story. 

We also like watching Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken together, and Demon Slayer. We have watched the movie twice and she jokingly asked if I wanted to watch it again with her in the theatre. 

As for myself, I have watched One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Death Note, Overlord, Violet Evergarden, Neon Genesis, Code Geass, Pokemon (I know most of the theme song lyrics by heart), and No Game No Life just to name a few. 

I also enjoy some Chanime like The King’s Avatar and Mo Dao Zu Shi. Is my weebness showing? 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 1:27 AM, AnimalNerd98 said:

My wife and I are the equivalent of Anime, Manga, and Manhua Nerms. She is more into the Manhua and Shoujo manga, but we overlapped in Ouran High School Host Club, Fruits Basket, and My Love Story. 

We also like watching Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken together, and Demon Slayer. We have watched the movie twice and she jokingly asked if I wanted to watch it again with her in the theatre. 

As for myself, I have watched One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Death Note, Overlord, Violet Evergarden, Neon Genesis, Code Geass, Pokemon (I know most of the theme song lyrics by heart), and No Game No Life just to name a few. 

I also enjoy some Chanime like The King’s Avatar and Mo Dao Zu Shi. Is my weebness showing? 

Everyone you said I have also seen lol.

My car have a Playlist of anime openings and endings. ..newest song added is = time - reona

• Love 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2021 at 8:48 PM, Taco Playz said:

I just started Demon Slayer it’s pretty good not gonna lie but it’s pretty creepy lol.

Awesome!  I've watched Pokemon's animated series some, and Full Metal Alchemist when I was younger.  However, for Manga, I just bought Vol. 1 and 2 of Demon Slayer in paperback.  They were both backordered so I've gotten Vol. 1 in the mail already, haven't gotten 2 yet.  I'm planning on reading it soon.  I have to read Full Metal Alchemist 1,2,3 first  🙂

• Like 1