Ideas for 45 tall aquarium?

Ethan L

I just got a 45 tall tank from my dad. and would like some ideas for stocking. I am still somewhat new to the hobby, so I wouldn't want something to advanced. also don't want something hard to feed ether. So I just want some ideas for stocking the tank. Thanks!

I just got a 45 tall tank from my dad. and would like some ideas for stocking. I am still somewhat new to the hobby, so I wouldn't want something to advanced. also don't want something hard to feed ether. So I just want some ideas for stocking the tank. Thanks!

22 minutes ago, Ethan L said:

Hey welcome to the forum! Definitely Corydoras catfish. They are really fun to watch in groups and are constantly roaming around the substrate. Get a group of around 6 or more of any species you like (there are over 200 species so far discovered). Tank mates include tetras, raboras, bettas as mentioned earlier, guppies, platies, and pretty much all other peaceful community fish.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Patrick_G said:

Those tanks look so cool but you don’t have much horizontal swimming room. I’d go for a school of something small like Ember Tetras

I have a similar geometry tank, only 38 gallons (23” tall) that I am in the process of building. My stocking selection is going to look like: 

10 - 12 lemon tetras 

3 - 4 black otocinclus 

5 ish Pygmy or sterbai corys 

3 - 4 juvenile angels (until they pair up and then move the others to another tank). 

• Like 1