Multi & Ammonia Test Strips vs API Liquid Showdown!

demicent

Today I did a side by side comparison of the new Aquarium Coop test strips, and the API Freshwater Master Test Kit.

Every test but one was spot on identical results!  My API test showed GH around 160, the multi test strip looked like it was indicating around 300.  Over the next few days I will perform more side by side testing on my other 15 tanks, but I am hopeful that the strips will continue to perform well.  

Wouldn't it be nice to have confidence in a quick dip in all my tanks, instead of the more complicated, messy, error prone liquid kit, for quick check ups?  Fingers crossed.

• Like 5

I like that all of the colors on the Co-Op test strips have a good range - I use the Tetra 6-in-1 strips, and I swear, I can't tell apart the different browns on the GH test!  I always feel like mine looks like none of the options! 😂

• Like 2

I can’t wait to try these, I am a big fan of the tetra 6 in 1 strips but I like that aquarium coops come with 200 instead of 100, the api liquid test kit is good to have in hand, but really annoying to use when you have multiple tanks 

thanks for doing a test on them! I am sure they will hold up in testing otherwise Cory would not have released them haha 

Edited by GardenStateGoldfish
  • Like 1

I love the co-op strips, too, definitely the best value out there. However, wanted to ask -- is anyone else having an issue with the little pads coming off as you pull a strip out of the container? Maybe I need to be more careful? Usually it's the the nitrate pad scraping against other pads/strips in the container and coming off maybe 20% of the time. Probably because there's so many strips packed in there.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Streetwise said:

Cory mentioned to stir very gently. The new pad is more accurate, but more sensitive.

Ah ok. Haven't had an issue once I get it in the water, just my Neanderthal fingers trying to drag one out of the bottle. I'll try to be more gentle.

• Like 1