Feeding shrimp pellets with shrimp in the tank

Dough

Hey all,

I'm sorry if I'm not posting in the right part of the forum, but wanted to calm my paranoid mind.  I know that many fish food has shrimp as an ingredient so this is probably be obvious, but I have a very paranoid mind.  I wouldn't be foolish to use shrimp pellets in my community tank even though I have a great colony going.  I have a ram that has been incredibly peaceful with the shrimp so far but my crazy mind tells me that if he gets used to the taste and smell of shrimp pellets it might change the way he looks at his shrimp tank mates.  Thanks for your time and patience!

Chris

I don't think you have anything to worry about if they were going eat your shrimp they would have by now feeding shrimp pellets won't have any effect as long as they are well feed I think they will leave your shrimp alone

• Like 1

Maybe shrimp pellets will have the opposite effect and satisfy their urges to otherwise snack on the living shrimp!

Also, seeing how fast fish shrimp will consume other dead shrimp, maybe you should worry about encouraging their cannibalism.

Or, more likely, you have nothing to worry about. 

Edited by tolstoy21
  • Like 1