I have an idea and I am looking for guidance as if it is a good idea or not. This will be my 6th tank and I am looking to do something a little bit different.

I have recently gotten a new 60g tank with stand and a large cannister filter. I am curious to the idea of stocking this decent sized tank with a massive amount of nano/micro freshwater fish and ornamental shrimp obviously being heavily planted. Is this a good idea? I haven't really seen any forum posts anywhere about nano fish in anything larger than a 29g tank. 

Stocking Ideas so far: Chili Rasbora, CPD, Kubotai, Ember Tetra, Green Neon Tetra, Black Neon Tetra, WCMM, & Yellow Neocaridina. Should be quite the rainbow effect of colors going on. I am worried about trying Endler's and accidentally getting just one female and being saturated with livebearers. Pygmy Sunfish maybe? Killifish or halfbeaks?

Are there any other ideas or suggestions? I would like to do Scarlett Badis but know that wouldn't end well for the shrimp, I have a lot of really good lfs that can pretty much order anything so any suggestions is greatly appreciated!

I have a 300 gallon that I have posted about on this forum where the biggest fish is under 6 inches and I have a few cpd in there. It's a super fun tank I would say the average size fish in there is about 2-3 inches most of them are US natives. I really need to update that post lol here is a sneak peak at the tank

6E398A69-52E2-491B-895B-32E4956BF858.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Taylor Blake said:

I have a 300 gallon that I have posted about on this forum where the biggest fish is under 6 inches and I have a few cpd in there. It's a super fun tank I would say the average size fish in there is about 2-3 inches most of them are US natives. I really need to update that post lol here is a sneak peak at the tank

6E398A69-52E2-491B-895B-32E4956BF858.jpeg

Love the hard scrape what a cool tank!